CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Travelling to Byron Bay over Easter




It took about 5 -6 hours to get to Byron over easter but we stopped over at Tenterfield, home of the Tentrefield Saddler. Remember the song by Peter Allen? He wrote about the Tentrefield Saddler & I think his song may have put the little town on themap. Tentrefield is 2 hours north of Inverell, I really enjoyed my 4 weeks I spent there in the '99 when I did my enrolled nurse training in Community Health. The people were all very genuine hospitable people and took me in like there own which was much appreciated especially when I was homesick for my small 2 young girls at the time.


We wandered alonh the street while we were there & called into a couple of antique stores & passed by a thai restaurant. For a town with only a small population I was very surprised to see the variety of stores, art & culture available. Just a couple of photos to follow, till next time I visit.


No comments:

Post a Comment