CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Saturday, August 8, 2009

His & Hers Chokky Crackles

Hers

His

Who would have thought!!!
Hubby wanted me to make him some chocolate crackles this weekend.

Strange request , I thought.
maybe he was feeling a bit sentimental & thinking about his mum lately.
She always made him these whenever he wanted. She has been gone now for 3 years but not a day goes by that he doesn't think about her I'm sure.

I suggested we make them together. BUT i haven't made them before , he said.
Don't worry, they are soooo easy.
I showed him how to put all the ingredients into the bowl and then JUST MIX. Whoa he couldn't believe it was so quick. Then I showed him how to place the mixture straight into the patty papers.
BUT leave it up to a bloke to MUCK AROUND and put his own little twist on things. He turned a 5 minute job into a 25 minute job. Oh My Goodness!!!
can you see what he is doing??
He is squashing all the mixture, compacting it even, YES compacting it. Of Course he is, he thinks it's cement!!!doesn't he??

OH BOY!!!!!!!!

What can I say?except, you fill one tray your way and i'll fill the other my way.

so we went about 1/2 compacted cement style & 1/2 crunchy, crackly style.

HAH!!! Guess who got more ?????

MMMMMMMM Yummmy
What can I say?
I don't mind a bit of competition.

3 comments:

  1. So much fun....do you bake together often!! Bless his heart!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How fun! I always love it when my hubby is in the kitchen with me! Have a great weekend!
    Patti

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ha,ha,haaaa...That is pretty cute really?
    My Kids will NOT eat choccie crackles!...I know??
    So at least you got a tray each!

    ReplyDelete